The Parks, Recreation and Culture Department is responsible for the care and maintenance of many facilities in Truro including Victoria Park, Victoria Park Pool, Douglas Street Recreation Centre, Kiwanis Park, Colchester Legion Stadium, and the TAAC Grounds and Clubhouse.
The department is also responsible for the creation and execution of opportunities for recreational and cultural activities such as Victoria Park Summer Day Camps, New Year's Eve on the Town, the Truro Winter Long John Festival and Truro's annual Art Acquisition Show.
The primary role of the Parks, Recreation and Culture Department is to support the recreation, sport and cultural capacity of the community by:
- Providing quality parks, trails and facilities,
- Providing support services to community organizations,
- Planning and coordinating recreation, sport and cultural interests and opportunities,
- Facilitating the development of groups and organizations to meet a need,
- Providing direct programs and events where there is no other organization meeting that need,
- Providing information,
- Collaborating with other organizations, agencies and municipalities,
- Advising Council on policy to support the vision of an active, healthy community.
Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
40 Douglas Street
Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada B2N 2E7
Tel: (902) 893-6078
Fax: (902) 893-6099