Municpal election October 2020
Residents of Truro, like all Nova Scotians, will choose their Municipal representatives on October 17, 2020. In addition to choosing a Mayor for the Town, voters will select two Councillors for each ward.
Those who meet the special qualifications can choose to vote for the member of the conseil scolaire acadien provincial representing the new District of Truro.
Qualifications to Run for Council
In order to run for council (or mayor), you must:
- Be 18 years of age at the time of nomination;
- Be a Canadian citizen,
- Be ordinarily resident in the Town of Truro for six months preceding October 7, 2020
Members of Town committees and commissions should pay particular attention to more detailed information in the Municipal Elections Act.
Additional Information for Prospective Candidates:
Qualifications to Vote
In order to vote, persons must:
- Be 18 years or older on October 7, 2020
- Be a Canadian citizen on October 7,2020
- Have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia since July 17, 2020
More information for voters about Canadian Democracy: https://www.springtide.ngo/video/series/three-minute-citizen/
Resources from Nova Scotia Municipal Affairs: https://novascotia.ca/dma/government/elections.asp