Victoria Park is one of Truro's greatest assets - a natural woodland park of roughly 3,000 acres in the centre of our Town with an extensive trail system for all ages.
Update (Jan 2023) - The majority of Victoria park trails are open for recreational use. We continue to ask the public to follow all trail signage as we will close individual trails to remove fallen trees and repair infrastructure during the upcoming months/years.
Please be advised that some trails and stairs do not exist at this time and the Fairview entrance of “Lewis Road” to “Five Corners” will remain closed.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation!
Visit victoriaparktruro.ca for more information on the different activities and experiences that Victoria Park has to offer.
Find out more about park rules, parking, hours, rules and facilities HERE.
Click the icon below to explore Victoria Park and connect to our apps, maps, stories and open data.
Camping is NOT PERMITTED in Victoria Park.
PDF Mapping Products
Railyard Mountain Bike Park - In Victoria Park
The Railyard Mountain Bike Park is locatied in Truro's Victoria Park and contains over 40kms of bike trails. Cyclists are urged to use caution when using park trails and to yield to pedestrians as required. Cyclists are also reminded to stay on defined hard-surface trails to prevent damage to environmentally sensitive areas of the park. Located minutes from downtown Truro, here you will some of the best mountain biking trails in Nova Scotia. The park is a free public facility and provides mountian biking opportunities for all skills levels from beginners through to "extreme" riders.
pdf Railyard Mountain Bike Park - Master Plan - November 2019 (5.62 MB)
Through the Fall and Spring seasons, Colchester Short Track takes place on select Tuesday nights at the top entrance of Victoria Park, off Young Street.
Thing to do in the Winter
Other features in Victoria Park
- Kinsmen Playground
- Splash Pad: Located in the playground area.
- CLOSED FOR THE SEASON - Victoria Park Pool: Located adjacent to the playground, the pool includes a toddler's pool, water spray features, double water slide, lane swimming and diving board.
- Tennis Courts: Managed by Truro Tennis Club.
- Baseball field: Located at the entrance to Victoria Park and used primarily for minor baseball (29 Park Road).
- Parking: Available in the main parking lot located on Park Road, near the Victoria Park Pool on Adam Street and at the Wood Street entrance (limited).
- Accessibility: Anyone with special physical needs who may require the use of a hippocampe to access the park, is asked to contact the Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department office at 902-893-6078 to check availability.
- Camping is NOT PERMITTED in Victoria Park.
- View pdf Victoria Park Master Plan (48.45 MB) .
Hosted in Victoria Park by Truro Parks, Recreation & Culture Department:
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Victoria Park Challenge
- Parks Day Celebration
- Sunday in the Park Summer Concert Series
- Mid-Summer Outdoor Movie Nights
Contact Information for Bookings
The bandshell, picnic pavilion, holy well gazebo can be reserved for a fee for special events such as weddings, concerts and family gatherings. Weddings are $50.00 and all other bookings are offered at a $25.00 flat fee.
Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
40 Douglas Street
Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada B2N 2E7
Tel: (902) 893-6078
Fax: (902) 893-6099