Victoria Park is now open for individual activities. You will notice new temporary one-way signs on a few loops within the park; many trails are only wide enough for you to travel single file, so be ready to step off the trail to let others pass by with plenty of space. When participating in any outdoor activity, take precautions to protect yourself and the people around you. You must practise social distancing during all activities. That means staying 2 metres (6 feet) away from people you don’t live with.
Victoria Park is one of Truro's greatest assets - a natural woodland park of roughly 3,000 acres in the centre of our Town with an extensive trail system for all ages. Click the icon below to explore Victoria Park and connect to our apps, maps, stories and open data.
PDF Mapping Products
Railyard Mountain Bike Park - In Victoria Park
The Railyard Mountain Bike Park is locatied in Truro's Victoria Park and contains over 40kms of bike trails. Cyclists are urged to use caution when using park trails and to yield to pedestrians as required. Cyclists are also reminded to stay on defined hard-surface trails to prevent damage to environmentally sensitive areas of the park. Located minutes from downtown Truro, here you will some of the best mountain biking trails in Nova Scotia. The park is a free public facility and provides mountian biking opportunities for all skills levels from beginners through to "extreme" riders.
Through the Fall and Spring seasons, Colchester Short Track takes place on select Tuesday nights at the top entrance of Victoria Park, off Young Street.
Thing to do in the Winter
Other features in Victoria Park
- Kinsmen Playground
- Canteen: Located in the playground and washroom facility in the Lower Park, the canteen is open from 11 am to 5 pm daily during the summer months, weather permitting.
- Water Spray Park: Located in the playground, the spray park was a joint project between the Truro Kinsmen Club and the Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
- Victoria Park Pool: Located adjacent to the playground, the pool includes a toddler's pool, water spray features, double water slide, lane swimming and diving board.
- Tennis Courts: Managed by Truro Tennis Club.
- Baseball field: Located at the entrance to Victoria Park and used primarily for minor baseball (29 Park Road).
- Canteen: Located in the main playground and washroom area in the lower park, the canteen is open from 11:00 am - 5:00 pm daily during the summer months (weather permitting).
- Parking: Available in the main parking lot located on Park Road, near the Victoria Park Pool on Adam Street and at the Wood Street entrance (limited).
- Accessibility: Anyone with special physical needs who may require the use of a hippocampe to access the park, is asked to contact the Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department office at 902-893-6078 to check availability.
- View pdf Victoria Park Master Plan (48.45 MB) .
Hosted in Victoria Park by Truro Parks, Recreation & Culture Department:
- Easter Egg Hunt
- Victoria Park Challenge
- Parks Day Celebration
- Sunday in the Park Summer Concert Series
- Mid-Summer Outdoor Movie Nights
Contact Information for Bookings
The bandshell, picnic pavilion, holy well gazebo and other park facilities can be reserved free of charge for special events such as weddings, concerts and family gatherings.
Truro Parks, Recreation and Culture Department
40 Douglas Street
Truro, Nova Scotia
Canada B2N 2E7
Tel: (902) 893-6078
Fax: (902) 893-6099